Coogans Race

Coogans Race

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chicken Avocado Salad and Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken


Hey Fitties,
    how are ya doing? I committed to eating clean this week. So far this whole thing has been really good. I thought I would hate it but I've actually been enjoying what I make and have been learning a lot along the way. Below is my recipe for the chicken avocado salad. I actually adapted this from a restaurant I like to frequent called Press195.

Chicken Avocado Salad
Chopped Romaine Lettuce
1 Boiled Egg
1 Chicken Breast
1Tomato
1/2 an avocado sliced
Trader Joe's Cilantro Dressing

Anytime I make this salad I use a creamy dressing. The combo of the avocado and the boiled egg is divine and keeps me satiated until my next meal.

Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken

8 thinly sliced chicken breasts
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp black pepper
1/2 packet sazon'
1 tspn salt
12 oz frozen spinach
1/4 cup chopped scallions
2 garlic cloves smashed and chopped
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 cup Feta Cheese
1/3 cup fat free ricotta
1 large egg
1 tspn water
1 cup breadcrumbs


    1. Season Chicken with italian seasoning, ground cumin, sazon, salt and black pepper.
    2. In a pot add 1 tbsp olive oil and add scallions and garlic and leave on med-high heat till garlic turns light brown.
    3. Add frozen spinach to the pot and a dash of black pepper and salt. Cover pot and let spinach simmer for about 10 minutes.
    4. Uncover the pot and let the spinach condense for 5 minutes or to your liking.
   5. In a bowl place 1/3 cup fat free ricotta, 1/2 cup feta cheese and cooked spinach.
       Mix, this should look and taste like creamed spinach now.
   6.  Lay out chicken breasts flat and spoon in 1-2 tbsp spinach mixture into each and roll.
   7. Make an egg wash consisting of 1 large egg and 1 tspn water. Dip each chicken roll into the egg wash and roll in bread crumbs.
   8. Place the now breaded chicken on nonstick foil with seam down.
   9. Bake for 25-30 minutes on one side, flip and bake for an additional five minutes.
   10. Enjoy, this is rather tasty.
Also, I had a lot of the creamed spinach mix left over. This can be used as a tasty side dish :)












XoXo,
YumYum



No comments:

Post a Comment