Coogans Race

Coogans Race

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Nike+ Challenge on the Dreadmill

Wow 2 posts in one day???? This girl must of added some Wheaties to her smoothie, just joking. I didn't want to mix a recipe with a workout post. So today I braved the cold for 2 whole minutes, got in my car and went to the gym. Surprisingly it wasn't crowded. I was able to do all I wanted except take a selfie in the stretching area. But the picture is not important, my workout is. In a previous post I wrote that I only needed 7 miles to complete my running challenge on January 5th. I find the treadmill to be rather boring but since the weather is uhhh frightful I just had to find a way to spice up my run. Instead of running miles continuously, I broke them up into three 1 mile runs followed by a strength circuit. The workout I performed was made by the good folks +Spartan Race . Below is the workout.


Spartan WOD, 11.12.13:
Beast Mode 1.2

Part 2 of a 4-week Challenge 

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
- George S. Patton

Run 1 mile
15 burpees
5 pull-ups
50 crunches
15 box jumps
5 pull-ups
50 bodyweight squats
15 burpees
5 rope climbs or 5 x 25' bear crawl
50 walking lunges
15 box jumps
5 x 25' bear crawl

x 3

Stretch.

    I opted out of the bear crawl and rope climbs, however after the 3rd circuit I completed another mile for a cooldown. Also, I was able to complete 3 sets of unassisted pullups, the rest of the pullups were performed with 40lb assists.
     Well, only three more miles and I will officially be done with this +nike+ challenge.
Until next time.
XoXo,
YumYum

No comments:

Post a Comment