I'm totally psyched today because I got nominated for a liebster award!!!!
Amanda from eathardworkhard.com nominated me and I'm uber excited to answer all the questions provided so y'all can get to know me a bit. The task at hand is to answer 11 questions provided by Amanda, provide 11 random facts about myself and to also nominate five other bloggers to answer my 11 questions as well. So ....here goes the 11 questions
11. What do you love best about blogging?
The best part of blogging to me is meeting new people that have interests similar to mine. Through blogging I have tried new workouts, recipes, workouts and also have learned how to do my hair.
22. How did you choose your blog name?
My blog name actually came from a nickname that my running buddies gave me. We were taking the train to Brooklyn to participate in a practice run for the Brooklyn Half. Everyone was nervous and asking why the heck they signed up for this race for and I asked what we going to eat after our run? The name yumyum stuck with me however, I noticed that I wasn’t reaching my ascetic and athletic goals mainly because of my poor eating habits. I created this blog to chronicle my failures, successes, change ups and also to keep myself honest about my workouts and just my feelings about life in general. So I chose the name yumyum gets fit for my blog.
33. What's your favorite food?
Macaroni and cheese. O the cheesy, yummy baked goodness just makes me feel so good all over.
4. What's the last good book you read?
Love by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland. It’s a devotional that helped me to change my negative thinking and to forgive.
5. What's one surprising thing you are awesome at?
Step aerobics, I lack all coordination for Zumba. However, put me in a step class and it’s on and popping.
6. What's one thing you are surprisingly bad at?
Stretching/yoga, it’s just so hard. Like seriously these classes are the worst for me. I start sweating profusely and breathing heavy while everybody else looks relaxed. I know I need to work on my flexibility and will dedicate more time to it soon.
7. Your house is on fire and you can only save one thing--what would you save?
My bowflex select tech 552s, luv these things.
8. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?
Reality TV, I do my best not to watch it but they always seem to have a marathon on when I’m bored and just don’t want to get out my bed.
9. What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
Free fall at Kings Island. I literally signed my life away for $5.
10. What's at the top of your bucket list?
Compete in the crossfit games. I have a long way to go but I’m sure I can get there.
11. Where's your favorite place in the world?
Dollywood in Tennessee. The food was amazing and the coasters were out of this world.
11 Random Facts
1. I used to play the clarinet in high school
2. I learned how to shot put during my first year of college.
3. I volunteered as a counselor at a health program catering to overweight-obese children.
4. I have a lisp.
5. I have 8 other siblings who I find very interesting (they will probably tell you I'm wierd as well)
6. My favorite channel is the travel channel.
7, I love bacon, like seriously you can do no wrong with this food.
8.I stalk instagram accounts for food ideas
9. I love to BBQ
10. My goal in college was to be a medical doctor, thankfully that changed :).
11. I'm a teaching fellow :)
Well that's all I have at the moment. I will come up with my questions and nominees during my next post.
Until next time fitties.
11 Random Facts:
11 Random Facts: