Coogans Race

Coogans Race

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Spicy, Oh No I Forgot to Buy, Black Beans Hummus


        Hola Fitties,
I'm in the mood for a sandwich this week. Yes, I know sandwiches are known for carbs and processed meats but let me tell you how I make it first then you can judge me. Instead of using fatty spreads on my bread/wrap I use hummus. This isn't the regular liquidy hummus you get in the stores, this is a chunky seasoned hummus that just makes me happy.

   Below is the recipe and pics of how I make my hummus and chicken wraps. Enjoy.









Spicy, Oh No I Forgot to Buy Black Beans, Hummus
2 cans chick peas (wash and drain)
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup cilantro
4 scallion
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tspn cumin
1 tspn red pepper flakes
dash of salt
1 jalepeno

Use a food processor or a blender to mix all the ingredients and voila you got hummus :)


Now, I wasn't just going to throw the hummus in the fridge. I got to mix it with something. So, I decided to remake one of my favorite sandwiches from Press 195.






Spicy Hummus Chicken Wrap

Whole wheat wrap cut into halves
2 tbsp fresh made hummus
1/2 slice of provolone cheese ( this cheese smells, but it tastes so good)
1/4 cup chicken breasts ( I used leftovers from a chicken I baked the day before)

Sear on stove top to make cheese melt or use a panini  press and their you have it. A nice tasty sammich.

Until next time fitties.
XoXo,
YumYum






No comments:

Post a Comment