Coogans Race

Coogans Race

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spartan race and meal prep

Hello fitties,
     before we entered 2014 I wrote a  list of goals I wanted to accomplish this year. One of them was to enter in and complete a spartan race. Well, guess what? I finally registered for one and will complete it with a bunch of my homies on June 1st. I'm so excited. Initially, when I registered I thought I would be doing this by myself which was cool but weeks later I got the good news that my fiance's friend was interested and wanted to try it out with me. Then what do you know my fiance' signed up as well. I have been incorporating +Spartan Race  workouts of the day (WOD) into my fitness regimen because they are challenging, I like them and I have a feeling they will physically prepare me for this daunting four mile obstacle course.On Sunday I completed the Spartan 1500. Basically, I had to complete 100 reps of each exercise which was no easy feet. Stuff I find challenging such as burpees, pullups and brazilian ab twists I had to break down into sets. Everything else I was able to complete as one set. Below is the circuit I performed and yup I'm still sore.



100 jumping jacks
100 burpees
100 pull-ups
100 box jumps
100 sandbag squat throws
100 Brazilian ab twists (50 each side)
100 bodyweight squats
100 side kicks (50 each side)
100 jumping lunges
100 sandbag curls
100 sandbag tricep overhead extensions
100 tuck jumps
3 rope climbs ( i substituted this with hang snatches. 1st set 12 reps @ 45lbs, 2nd 8 @ 50lbs, 3rd 6@ 65lbs and 3x15 front squats @ 45lbs)
300 crunches

After my workout I came home and started my meal prep for the week. I have found that with planning what I will eat and cooking it on Sunday that it is easy for me to eat clean throughout the week. To me, weekly meal preps take less time than cooking everyday so I will continue to do this.




This may seem like a lot of food but please remember I am not cooking only for myself. In this pic are curried chicken breasts, brown rice, jerk chicken wings, oh no i forget to buy black beans hummus, grass fed beef burgers, homemade banana nut wheat bread and 3 egg muffins. Not pictured is the garden salad I made to pair with my lunches and dinners and the paleo strawberry banana ice cream I made for desert. I'm praying this lasts till Friday. My other three attempts haven't even made it through Wednesday :-/ .
Until next time fitties.
XoXo,
YumYum

No comments:

Post a Comment