Coogans Race

Coogans Race

Monday, April 7, 2014

O Thank you Lord for Rest Days!!!

Hey everyone,
   today is Monday and it's my rest day :) !!! Usually people don't get excited about Mondays but I do because I don't have to do any pushups, burpees or planks today. All I'm supposed to do is stretch, hydrate and enjoy the bounty of my meal prep.
Yup, this is exactly how I feel when my meal prep for the week comes together.

    Anyhoot. lets talk about ....food. So as posted on this blog, I like to prepare all my food for the week on Sunday. I have gotten into the practice of preparing breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in advance. This has helped me so much with staying on track as well as keeping me from over eating.  Below are pictures and descriptions of all the delicious food I had on Monday.


Green smoothie

Egg Frittatas

Dinner :)








    This week for breakfast, I will have an egg frittata and a green smoothie. Each egg frittata consists of three egg whites, 1 egg yolk, 1 slice turkey bacon,cilantro, green onions and green peppers. The green smoothie was made using unsweetened coconut milk, a splash of vanilla, spinach, 1 apple, 1 banana, 3 carrots and a 1/2 cup of almonds. I made a big batch so this smoothie will last for approximately four days. 
    Now, my lunch was quite similar to my dinner and I didn't want to wierd anyone out at my table by taking pics of my food while we were all eating. However, I had 1/4 cup brown jasmine rice (cooked in chicken broth for flavor), broccoli sauteed with bacon, hummus and 1/2 a grilled chicken breast.
Dinner was banging. In the pic is shrimp, hummus (I sincerely love this stuff), grilled onions and peppers and broccoli sauteed with bacon. I feel satisfied and energetic after my meals, never full anymore or still hungry anymore. For my 3 snacks I had 1/4 cup cashews, 8 black bean and quinoa chips with greek yogurt and kale dip and an apple. Clean eating can be rather tasty people. Get in the kitchen and try it or run to Trader Joe's for their reduced guilt snacks, they're amazing.
Until next time fitties.
XoXo,
YumYum

No comments:

Post a Comment