Coogans Race

Coogans Race

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Did I Just Pay to Run in the Snow?????




Hola everyone,
   sorry my posts have been rather erratic. I have not divulged this, but a part of my fitness regimen is running. In February of 2013 I joined #Blackgirlsrun and went through a world-wind journey of distance running and races. Yesterday I participated in #NYRR's Ted Corbitt 15k. It was a difficult race, especially because of the snow, but I got through it. This race was extremely special to me because I ran in honor of a legendary man.
      Ted Corbitt was one of the first Blacks to run the olympic marathon, he was one of the founding forefathers and first president of NYRR and he helped found and start the NYC marathon. Also, this was my last race for 2013. I will still run for the remainder of the year, however it may be on the treadmill only. This should be a rest day but I think I will still workout today. If so I will post the exercises I performed today.

Sincerely,
YumYum

No comments:

Post a Comment